1. Responsible Person
The person responsible for administering and implementing the Healthy and Safe Schools Plan:
Name: Brad Johnston
Position Title: Facilities Manager
Phone Number: 541-520-1747
Email Address: email@example.com
Mailing Address: 1200 Highway 99 N Eugene OR 97402
Note: Facilities Manager, Brad Johnston will also be the point of contact for Integrated Pest Management and AHERA inquiries.
2. List Facilities
All facilities owned or leased by Lane Education Service District where students or staff are present on a regular basis are covered by this HASS Plan. The list of those buildings and facilities is below:
|Facility Name||Facility Address|
|Main Campus||1200 Highway 99 N, Eugene, Oregon 97402|
|Lane School (Westmoreland)||1717 City View Street, Eugene, Oregon 97402|
3. Elevated Levels of Lead in Water Used for Drinking or Food Preparation
All school districts, education service districts, and public charter schools are required to test for and eliminate exposure to elevated levels of lead in water used for Drinking and Food Preparation through either remediation or eliminating access, according to OAR 333-061-0400 and OAR 581-022-2223. In conformance with those administrative rules, Lane Education Service District certifies the following:
- All testing was done according to the testing requirements in OAR 333-061-0400;
- All samples were analyzed by a lab accredited by Oregon Health Authority to test for those materials;
- All water fixtures required to be tested under OAR 333-061-0400 were tested for elevated levels of lead in accordance with the testing schedule developed by the Oregon Health Authority; and
- The testing schedule for each building covered by this plan is set forth as follows:
|Facility Name||Year of Last Test||Next Scheduled Test (Beginning of 6-Year Schedule)||Schedule or Exemption Reason|
|Main Campus||2016||FY 2023||6-year schedule|
|Lane School (Westmoreland)||2016||FY 2023||6-year schedule|
4. Lead Paint
In order to comply with the United States Environmental Protection Agency's Renovation, Repair and Painting Program Rule, the district will either contract only with certified lead based paint renovation contractors licensed by the Oregon Construction Contractors Board, or use District staff that are certified by the Oregon Health Authority to perform the work.
Lane Education Service District complies with the federal Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA). All required asbestos management plans are available for viewing by submitting a request to Facilities Manager, Brad Johnston.
The Lane Education Service District has developed a plan to test for radon as required by ORS.332.167.
- Lane ESD Radon Testing 2021 – Lane Education Service District has developed a radon plan as required by ORS 332.167. Lane Education Service District will be performing their initial radon testing in March of 2021. Results will be posted below in 9. Test Results Publication. Following the initial testing, radon testing will be performed every ten years.
7. Integrated Pest Management
Lane ESD has adopted an integrated pest management plan as required by ORS 634.700 through 634.750.
8. Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Lane Education Service District certifies that all buildings subject to the Healthy and Safe Schools Plan comply with the carbon monoxide detection standards in the state building code that was in effect when the building was originally constructed or as required by building code due to addition, upgrade, or remodel.
Lane Education Service District is complying with the requirement to provide access to test results, as defined by OAR 581-022-2223 within 10 business days as defined by ORS 332.334. Test results can be found on Lane Education Service District's website.
Specific test results can be found as follows:
- Drinking Water
Additionally, copies of all test results are available at Lane Education Service District's Main Campus, 1200 HWY 99 N, Eugene, OR 97402. Lane Education Service District will also use current district and school email lists or communications programs to provide final test results to staff, students, parents of minor students, and other members of the community. This includes providing actual final test results or providing direct access to final test results through links in the communications. Please contact Facilities Manager, Brad Johnston to be added to current district email lists and programs.