English Language Arts
The resources in this section have been identified/created by literacy leaders across Lane County.
Use or customize them to fit your context. Please remember to credit the source.
- Strengthening the Core: Learning and Leading in Literacy – Materials from the workshop held June 23-25, 2014 at Lane ESD.
- Professional Learning Teams Conference, Integrating Initiatives (9.32MB Zipped) – Materials from the conference held December 3-4, 2013 at the Eugene Hilton.
- Curriculum Review – Oregon's English Language Arts curriculum aligned to the Common Core State Standards.
- Engage NYOpens a new window/tab – This site is sponsored by New York State Education Department and is a wealth of CCSS resources including extensive curriculum modules and units in P-12 ELA and math as well as implementation and assessment resources.
- Achieve the CoreOpens a new window/tab – This site has a wide range of professional development and implementation resources including but not limited to the Basal Alignment Project. Access to the Basal Alignment Project and its free, common core-aligned lessons for use with 3rd-5th grade Basal Reading Series is available through Edmodo.
- Oregon State Library Information SystemOpens a new window/tab – Oregon School Library Information System (OSLIS) is a consortium dedicated to providing low-cost access to high quality information resources. OSLIS provides access to the Gale Electronic Journals Service – a series of databases containing full text articles from thousands of academic and popular journals – to Oregon schools.
- Literacy Design CollaborativeOpens a new window/tab – Within LDC, a range of template tasks in which teachers add content appropriate to their own classrooms is available. Modules that wrap around a series of tasks as well as implementation videos are also posted.
- The Reading Writing ProjectOpens a new window/tab – This website has common core aligned student work samples of informative/explanatory and argument writing. There are also videos of teaching aimed at moving students toward successfully meeting the CCSS. The Reading Writing Project is also a resource for Units of Study and Professional Resources for purchase.
- North Carolina Public Schools: Department of Accountability and Curriculum Reform EffortOpens a new window/tab – This site has several useful resources including progressions and unpacked standards documents for each grade.