Employees are expected to use their Lane ESD Google calendar account to maintain an accurate calendar, schedule/attend meetings, and to indicate when they are not at work.
- Google training site for Google calendar
- You can temporarily view another's calendar by entering their email address into the "meet with" field. This temporarily turns on their calendar and overlays it across your own. To remove their calendar, click on the "x" next to their email in that field.
- You can "subscribe" to a co-worker's calendar by:
- Click on the "+" symbol next to "other calendars on the left side of your calendar page
- Select "subscribe to" to enter a person's email address
- This will save the calendar to your list of "other calendars"; click on the checkbox next to each to turn them on/off when needed
- You can "subscribe" to a car or meeting room's calendar by:
- Click on the "+" symbol next to "other calendars" on the left side of your calendar page
- Select "browse resources" to view the rooms and cars in LESD's checkout pool
- Click on the down-arrow to expand the section you would like to view (meeting rooms are under the "main campus" section
- Select the checkboxes of the items you wish to subscribe to
- This will save those resources to your list of "other calendars"; click on the checkbox next to each to turn them on/off when needed
- To book a car or meeting room for an event, simply create a calendar event and add the room or car to your event by selecting the "rooms" tab next to the "guest" field, and finding the resource you would like to book.
- See the Meeting Room Guidelines for requirements when booking rooms
- Drivers of ESD fleet cars must be on the approved driver's list. See HR for assistance getting added to this list, and for documentation of driver responsibilities.
- "Working hours" are turned on by default. When it's first enabled, users will see a dialog with an estimate of their working hours, which they can confirm or change. Users can either disable this feature, or adjust the working hours times, by clicking "Settings > General > Working Hours"
Employees' documents created in any Google service are organized within their Google Drive. Use this page to navigate to any document, or use the grid icon at the top right to select a specific service.
- Some departments use "shared drives" to share documents specific to a subgroup within their department. If your department is using a shared drive that you do not have access to, see your department's Program or Administrative Assistant to get access.
- Google training site for Google Drive (and Shared Drives)
Google documents stored in the cloud; documents are similar in nature to Microsoft Word. Documents can be shared with others at varying level of editing rights.
Google spreadsheets stored in the cloud, similar in nature to Microsoft Excel. Documents can be shared with others at varying level of editing rights.
Google presentation slides stored in the cloud, similar in nature to Microsoft PowerPoint. Documents can be shared with others at varying level of editing rights.