The LESD Technology Services department purpose statement is "Removing Obstacles from Instruction." Since 2005 we have continued to shift our staff and department focus from "servers and computers" to one of actively supporting teaching. We recognize our customers to be district leadership, and our consumers to be students and teachers. Instructional realities such as Essential Skills, diploma requirements, CCSS, Smarter Balanced, and achievement compacts are all integral parts of Technology staff and department projects, discussions and planning. We also work with district leaders to help shift their respective technology cultures from a technical focus to one of technology-supported instruction.
In addition to providing the principle services listed below to districts, Technology Services also provides internal support to all LESD services and classrooms throughout the Lane region.
- Moodle course management system
- Identifying, coordinating and tailoring online learning options for students and districts
- Enhancing the region-wide network infrastructure to support scalable technology needs for students and districts
- Developing internal component district technology infrastructures to ensure ongoing support of learning goals
For up-to-date information around the differentiated services provided to all Lane County districts, see the LESD Service Transparency site.
Standards and Essential Skills
Standards for teachers and students exist in a variety of places. The most important is in the Oregon Diploma's Essential Skills. Also important are the general Oregon Technology Standards. National Standards for courses and for teaching online have been developed via a number of collaborating organizations and are posted on the iNACOL site. ISTE provides standards for students and teaching using technology and has clear goals for technology knowledge and skills.
- Oregon Diploma and Essential Skills
- Oregon Technology Standards, Oregon Tech Plan and National Standards for Teachers and Students
- International Society for Technology Education (ISTE)
- International Association for Online Learning (iNACOL)
For more information contact:
Technology Services at 541-461-8351 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.