Migrant Education Program (MEP) Title IC
Region 28 — Lane and Douglas Counties
Provides Title IC administration, identification and services for 29 school districts.
Title I — Improving Academic Achievement
Part C — Migratory Children
Title IC funds support high quality education programs for migratory children and help ensure that migratory children who move among the states are not penalized in any manner by disparities among states curriculum, graduation requirements, or state academic content and student academic achievement.
How Students Qualify
A certified MEP staff person must assess eligibility criteria which include:
- Under 22 years old and has not yet graduated.
- Has moved across school district boundaries.
- "Move" was within the last 3 years (including short duration moves).
- The purpose of the move was for them or a parent/guardian to seek or obtain work in agriculture, forestry or fishing.
MEP Services Include
- Pilas Family Literacy Program Flyer and Application
- MEP Pre-Kinder Readiness Checklist English /Spanish
- Summer School
To learn more about MEP or to see if you qualify for the program, please contact our office:
Lane County: 541-461-8382
Douglas County: 541-817-4348
National Toll-Free Number: 800-234-8848