English Language Arts
The resources in this section have been identified/created by literacy leaders across Lane County.
Use or customize them to fit your context. Please remember to credit the source.
Additionally, if you have resources to contribute to the site, please forward them to Marianne Oakes at email@example.com.
- Strengthening the Core: Learning and Leading in Literacy – Materials from the workshop held June 23-25, 2014 at Lane ESD.
- Professional Learning Teams Conference, Integrating Initiatives (9.32MB Zipped) – Materials from the conference held December 3-4, 2013 at the Eugene Hilton.
- Curriculum Review – Oregon's English Language Arts curriculum aligned to the Common Core State Standards.
- Engage NY – This site is sponsored by New York State Education Department and is a wealth of CCSS resources including extensive curriculum modules and units in P-12 ELA and math as well as implementation and assessment resources.
- Achieve the Core – This site has a wide range of professional development and implementation resources including but not limited to the Basal Alignment Project. Access to the Basal Alignment Project and its free, common core-aligned lessons for use with 3rd-5th grade Basal Reading Series is available through Edmodo.
- Oregon State Library Information System – Oregon School Library Information System (OSLIS) is a consortium dedicated to providing low-cost access to high quality information resources. OSLIS provides access to the Gale Electronic Journals Service – a series of databases containing full text articles from thousands of academic and popular journals – to Oregon schools.
- Literacy Design Collaborative – Within LDC, a range of template tasks in which teachers add content appropriate to their own classrooms is available. Modules that wrap around a series of tasks as well as implementation videos are also posted.
- The Reading Writing Project – This website has common core aligned student work samples of informative/explanatory and argument writing. There are also videos of teaching aimed at moving students toward successfully meeting the CCSS. The Reading Writing Project is also a resource for Units of Study and Professional Resources for purchase.
- North Carolina Public Schools: Department of Accountability and Curriculum Reform Effort – This site has several useful resources including progressions and unpacked standards documents for each grade.